Sunday, November 11, 2012

Toas Wool Festival

Even though I am posting this one month after the event, I am still thinking about our wonderful experience at the Toas Wool Festival. The above building is located in a small town on the way down to New Mexico in Southern Colorado (La Jara). It set the tone for the weekend. The Autumn colors were wonderful in the trees and fiber.


They even set up a Ravelry group tent. There was a group of people with their drop spindles. I went for my spindles, but we ended up hanging out with David from High Plains Fiber. We practiced and purchased some of his fleece. He and his partner raise Icelandic and Shetland Sheep.
We met this lovely lady who hangs out in her friend's booth. She brings her Angora rabbits and spinning wheel. She has such a beautiful spirit, and it is obvious that she loves meeting all the people that stop to talk to her. We ran into her at the grocery store later in the afternoon and told her how wonderful we think she is. I wish I had a better picture of her warm smile as she sits with her rabbits.
I love these guys. Their faces are adorable. I wish we had space for them at our little homestead.
This year I did not have the time to take any of the classes at the Festival with the star cast lineup of instructors, but it is on my wish list.

No comments: