Saturday, October 21, 2006

Java Time in the A.M.


After I posted my entry last night, I received a warning from Norton that it had blocked an invader. I didn't think too much about it. Then this morning I woke up and thot..."OMG I have been tagged as a radical." Well I do have a tendency to get on my soapbox after I have had almost a whole bottle of wine and some political chat. The funny thing is that I started this blog because I was inspired by all the knitting blogs that I follow. This blog is going to be about my life. If I am knitting, cooking, gardening, bowling, gaming, reading or ranting, then that is what it will be about. Oh yes! My husband and I like to cook some mean ass dishes. So...today I will start with a good recipe from Phatveggie's Kitchen.
Rice Flour Waffles
Preheat waffle iron. Combine in a mixing bowl
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 scant cup milk (we use soy)
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons mild vegetable oil
Sift together
1 cup rice flour, available at health food stores
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Gradually add dry ingredients to the moist ones and stir until fairly smooth. Bake in hot waffle iron.
Lordy child you are going to have a good day if you start with these crisp waffles! I got this recipe from The Dairy Hollow House Cookbook that my cousin from Little Rock, AR gave me. She knew I would enjoy a fellow Arkansan cookin' and I do love Crescent Dragonwagon.
I get excited about simple things in life. I am all about my new coffee mug that we bought at the Renaissance Festival this year. It is a handcrafted wooden mug made by these guys in Silver City, NM. Even though my husband and one of my best friends are potters, I have abandoned the other mugs...for now ;-)

No comments: